Celotex PL4000 is an easy to install polyisocyanurate (PIR) insulation board with a paper facing, laminated to a piece of 12.5mm tapered edge plasterboard. Available in thicknesses from 25mm to 65mm (insulation only), it can be considered for use in roof and internal wall lining applications.
U-value CalculatorStart your U-value calculation >
- External Wall - Masonry Cavity Internal Linings
- External Wall - Timber Frame Internal Linings
- External Wall - Solid Masonry Internal Linings
- Pitched Roof - Below Timber Rafters
- Flat Roof - Below Timber Joists
- Standard 1200 x 2400mm boards
- Paper facing
- Achieves a BRE Green Guide A+ rating
- BBA approved – certificate 16/5357 (Plasterboard Thermal Laminate)
- Board / Roll size: Width 1200mm, Length 2400mm
- Thickness : 25-65mm (+12.5mm Plasterboard)
- Material: PIR Plasterboard Laminate
- Lambda: 0.022 W/m.K
- Reaction to Fire: Euroclass B-s1, d0 Reaction to Fire classification, according to EN 13501-1
- Excellent thermal performance with a thermal conductivity of 0.022 W/m.K, reducing the thickness of insulation required to hit the target U-value.
- Easy to install – Celotex boards are light and rigid assisting with ease of transportation, handling and fitting.
- BBA certified - Celotex PL4000 has been assessed by the BBA as fit for use in plasterboard thermal laminate applications if installed, used and maintained as set out in the certificate. Please read the certification for full details and restrictions.
- Time saving – Celotex PL4000 brings together both insulation and plasterboard creating a 2-in-1 solution to insulate and dry line walls or roofs at the same time.
- Celotex PL4000 achieves a BRE Green Guide Rating of A+, which can assist in demonstrating environmental performance in your BREEAM assessments. Please visit the Celotex page at greenbooklive.com for further details.
When using Celotex PL4000, you need to satisfy yourself that use of the product meets all relevant national Building Regulations and guidance as well as local, national and other applicable standards relevant for your construction or application, including requirements in relation to fire and applicable height restrictions.
Please refer to the following product documents:
Celotex PL4000 should not be used in the external walls of buildings over 18 metres in height (England and Wales) or 11 metres in height (Scotland). Recent changes to Building Regulations mean that only non-combustible insulation or insulation of limited combustibility can be used in buildings of that height.