Metac is a robust ‘slab on a roll’ glass mineral wool insulation, which
can be considered for use between rafters in pitched roof applications.
It offers a 2-in-1 solution for its thermal performance and sound reduction
properties. The strong, resilient and flexible rolls are available in a range
of thicknesses to suit common rafter depths.
Metac can also be considered for thermal insulation between the joists in flat roofing applications.
U-value CalculatorStart your U-value calculation >
- Glass mineral wool roll (1.2m wide) supplied in 50-200mm thicknesses
- Manufactured from a minimum of 50% recycled glass
- Achieves an A+ generic rating within the BRE Global Green Guide
Euroclass A1 Reaction to Fire classification according to EN 13501-1.
|Thickness (mm)||Length (m)||Width (m)||λD Declared thermal conductivity (W/m.K)||RD Declared thermal resistance (m².K/W)|
- Thermal Performance - Thermal conductivity of 0.034 W/m.K. Helps to reduce heat loss within the building envelope and decrease energy costs.
- Acoustic Performance - When included within particular pitched roof rafter systems, Metac can help achieve a weighted sound reduction of up to 49 dB (RW), delivering excellent external noise reduction for those living or working within the building.*
- Sustainability - Manufactured from a minimum of 50% recycled glass. For further details visit insulation-uk.com/CSR
- Easy to Install - Metac friction-fits between rafters without slumping, or the need for any additional fixing. The roll width allows cutting to different rafter centres, providing maximum flexibility and efficiency on site, with minimal waste (off-cuts can be reused).
- Fire Classification - Achieves a Euroclass A1 Reaction to Fire classification, according to EN 13501-1
When using ISOVER Metac, you need to satisfy yourself that use of the product meets all relevant national Building Regulations and guidance as well as local, national and other applicable standards relevant for your construction or application, including requirements in relation to fire and applicable height restrictions.
Please refer to the following product documents: